Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss 2-Level Dynesys in the Main forums forums; Hello - I had a 2-level Laminectomy & Dynesys w/ Fusion (local bone) almost 5 wks ago. I am still ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Default 2-Level Dynesys

Hello -

I had a 2-level Laminectomy & Dynesys w/ Fusion (local bone) almost 5 wks ago.

I am still trying...harder than ever before, and hurting! I hurt myself almost 5 yrs ago teaching school. Four years of court battles finally produced a discogram and this surgery.

I am still having surgical pain, plus my pain I already had - which is way worse. I knew I would have this pain still for a while, but I didn't know it would be greater than before.

My right side of my pelvis just can't be used! I can put NO upper-body pressure onto that side of the pelvis at all. It hurts the low back/pelvic area to manipulate the right leg. Before the surgery, I was driving my 2 kids around w/ my left foot on both petals. Now, I can't even drive!

My MD suggested it is spinal muscles. The only thing that remotely helps is wearing a si brace down around my hip joints - or lying down on the side that hurts.

We'll see! Right now, mornings are spent mostly crying b/c of the pain. I hardly am seeing my kids, 5 and 1.

I just want to be down to the level of pain I was in when I walked in for the surgery! I want to be able to put weight on the right side of my body!

I guess this is how recovery goes....but I couldn't be trying harder, I know.

I just wish I had done this after Christmas. Yes, I was in horrible pain then, too, but I at least could have held my kids on my lap. I at least could have left the house in the morning before the pain was too bad & could have bought them some gifts.

So...I'm obviously not much good for giving advice now, but I will once I'm doing better...and I could use some help, too! Thanks

Last edited by slsunflower; 12-13-2007 at 05:19 PM.