Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Here I go, my 3 level Activ-L story begins in the Main forums forums; I've been on the forum and looks like it is time to begin my story. Wating now in one ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Here I go, my 3 level Activ-L story begins

I've been on the forum and looks like it is time to begin my story.

Wating now in one of those rooms for my turn, a 3 level Ativ-L. L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1, about a 4-5 hour sugery I've been told.

I ran into Mark yesterday during my pre op session. A very nice, tall and thin guy that literally bounced up and down in the waiting room. I remember pics from his website and he has lost weight since his ADR surgery. Something I think we are all hoping to do once we get better. ( i plan on being on the tennis court again)
I planned this trip and surgery on my own, but i'm sure he'd be very helpful if you were to work with him. He said he'll check in on me while he's here.

Dr Z is as nice in person as on the phone and the staff is very helpful. I've spoken to him, sent him my Mri's etc and arrived in Munich 12-13-07. I've never seen a doctor that spent nearly 4 hours on the phone plus emails with me, in addition to the time when I saw him here pre op for at least 2 1/2 hours. You'll feel comfortable here. Strange because as big a procedure as this is, I'm very calm, just a little anxious waiting my turn.

Oh forgive me for being a divorced male for a second, but there are some of the prettiest woman here. Lot's of blue eyed, attractive blonds Looking doesn't take away the pain, ..well on second thought, i do forget it for a few mins at least.

If you are an American in Germany, I do suggest learning some German. First it is polite and second you won't have a total vacant look on your face when others are speaking in German. At the very least a nice smile goes a long way and use some german please and thank you's.

Haven't found any English tv shows although NCIS is interesting to watch in german here. So you might want to bring your own entertainment.

That's it for now, I'll check in when I can post op.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:09 PM

Good luck!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Pretty women at the AlphaKlinik? I hadn't noticed... I'll have to pay attention next time I'm there. Joe.. I hope your surgery went well... I'll see you over the weekend... here till Tuesday.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 12-14-2007, 02:30 PM

3 Activ-L's, wow, how cool!

I really do wish you the very best and I know you are in the best of hands. We just missed each other by a few days!

Yeah, the beautiful woman in xray....
and you will love the nurses that will take good care of you the next few days!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:47 PM

Joe...,

Hope your surgery went off/goes off without a hitch and turns out to be everything you've hoped for. My fingers are crossed and my thoughts are with you.

Pretty women! Mark, I'm surprised you hadn't noticed

Happy holidays to all, Dale
Old 12-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Administrator

I saw Joe this morning. He looked pretty darned good having had a 3-level lumbar less than 24 hours prior. He seemed to be in good spirits... I wish I could have stayed longer to chat.... aren't too many old-world computer geeks like me around... I'll bet we would have been comparing stories about stone computers and memory that cost a bazillion dollars and was measured in k... not megabytes or gigabytes. (When I say k, I mean like 4k... 8k??)

He's got his compter and they've got wireless there... I'll bet he'll be along soon to give us the first-hand update.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 12-15-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Best Wishes on your 3-level

Joe,

Hope you're doing well and recovering from your big surgery. Hope you're not too sick from the anesthesia or med's.

I feel like we're twins since I got surgery at the AlphaKlinik on Wed for my knee. I see both Dr. Zeegers and Dr. Toft for my spine and knees, respectivley since I have ongoing problems with both.

Congrat's on taking such a big step in recovering your spinal health. You are in good hands with Dr. Zeegers and I'm sure that you will continue to do well.

I'm staying in a hotel to the south of Munich and will return to the States on Wed. of next week. I'm on crutches for the next two months, but my hubby is with me. We will be at the Klinik on Monday for a knee checkup. Will you still be there? Should we stop by? Do you need any help?

Best,
Laura Wurth