Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Vibration in left leg to foot in the Main forums forums; I had a transforaminal ESI at L4 several months ago. Was doing great, pain obscured to the max with this ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 05:21 PM

Default Vibration in left leg to foot

I had a transforaminal ESI at L4 several months ago. Was doing great, pain obscured to the max with this one. Wore off last week as I found while sitting at my laptop too long and got up with a threading nerve pain in my left buttock to front of quad back behind the knee, and into my calf and foot.

That wore off with rest or mostly avoiding sitting for any length of time. Flew home from Florida, had customary 3 seats to lie down on but was so exhausted with all the waiting and getting back and forth that I was having some spasming in low back, felt like fine tremors, shaking. Not painful. By the time got home yesterday that feeling had increased and went from my low back, to left hip, buttock thru the back of my leg down to the middle of my left sole.

I rested laying around watching movies as I was just exhausted and thought my spine was too. Again, not painful.

Will be seeing my OSS on Monday. I'm sure he won't think it's anything big deal and frankly when I don't have pain I don't think much is a big deal either re my spine (it could be but as pain rules my world so does non pain as long as there is functioning). Perhaps it's just the nerve that's muted from the transforaminal ESI coming to life again as the vibration is always felt in the sole of my foot tho not throughout my leg.

My 86 y.o. father asked me when I'm going to have spine surgery... I told him when I absolutely *have to* and/or when I know he's not living alone anymore as I want to be available to be there when he needs me.

At least now I've figured that much out.

Last edited by Maria; 06-25-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Sounds like S1 nerve compression. Have you checked the internet for lumbar dermatomes to see if they correlate with your nerve pain pattern.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:22 PM

Maria,

I don't know why but reading your posts brings back memories of having babies. You forget the pain until either going through it again or something reminds you about it. Your posts remind me of the pain I used to suffer. I cringe right along with you.

On the good side, watching the discovery and science channels, I learned a little about a lot of interesting facts that don't really matter. It beats reruns of Will and Grace!

Please take care and I so hope your father does well enough that you can minimize your trips to Florida. I know how exhausting traveling can be.

Dale
Old 06-26-2008, 11:19 PM

Default vibrations

Eased with rest as I thought. It was very intense upon the day of my return from Fla. Like shakiness that one gets when you've not eaten and feel like you're hypoglycemic but deep inside the leg. Weird. Just felt like I had my cell phone on vibe but it was inside my leg! Really really weird. I've become accustomed to the feeling on the underside of my left foot and again, will take it over pain any day although I'm sure it signifies *something*. Maybe as mentioned an S1 nerve root compression.

Yes, as long as I can keep the pain away I'll be OK. Have to go back to Fla. in several months and probably stay longer. But am on call for whenever I have to go. Hope my back realizes this!