Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Facet Joint Replacement for Spinal Stenosis in the Main forums forums; I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis in 2006 after years of back pain. I found a Clinical Trial for Facet ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2009, 04:08 AM

Default Facet Joint Replacement for Spinal Stenosis

I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis in 2006 after years of back pain.
I found a Clinical Trial for Facet Joint Replacement for Spinal Stenosis online. After 2 years in extreme pain.....epidurals...pain meds.....PT, ETC., I researched the study. Dr. John Regan was doing the study at Saint Johns Hospital in Santa Monica. ( There are studies being conducted all over) I contacted Facet Solutions who were sponsoring the study. I passed the preliminary qualification tests and was sent to Dr. Regan for more testing. I had the surgery on July 17, 2009. They did a decompression of L 3/4 and L4/5 after which they normally do a fusion. Instead, I received a new cobalt Facet Joint at L 4/5.
It is now 2 months later and I believe, guinea pig or not, that I have received a miracle. I no longer have ANY leg pain, which was the most crippling. I was housebound for 2 years. I no longer need a brace, walker, or cane. It will be a while until I can hike, dance or walk to the bay, but I never believed I would know a normal life again. I'm on SSI and Facet Solutions pays for whatever your insurance doesn't. Mine paid nada.

Facet Solutions, Inc.

http://www.stenosisrelief.com/