Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Apology in the Main forums forums; I am sorry for my emotional post that may have hurt people. And I really appreciate the people who responded. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 06:53 PM

Default Apology

I am sorry for my emotional post that may have hurt people. And I really appreciate the people who responded. I hope you forgive me.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Administrator

no apology necessary!!!! I'm glad you are still with us. How is the recovery going?

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 02-01-2010, 01:04 AM

Default re apology

I'm with Mark..no apology necessary. We all tend to get somewhat emotional at various times on our individual spinal journey. I'm just glad you're back! As queried per Mark.. how goes it?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:36 PM

DR,

Life is overwhelming from time to time. Add to that disabling pain, frustration, depression and you have a highly volitile mixture. No apology is necessary. In fact, sometimes a post just allows someone to vent and sometimes everyone wants to know they are not alone. Trust me when I say you are very much not alone!

Please post as often as you like, Dale
Old 02-03-2010, 01:06 AM

Default apology thank you

Thanks to those who forgave me and I am sorry. I am finding that as I recover and get off some meds, anger and agression that I have held inside me are coming back up. I don't even want to tell you the note I wrote someone in the parking lot who took up three spaces.

My fusion recovery is going well and unbelievably slow but that's ok. I knew that. I'm now walking 4 times a week at least and started PT. The surgeon said the last xray looks great but I think we all know a good xray and being out of pain are two separate things. But I'm happy with the xray.

The surgeon said I had at least a year I need to recover what with being so out of condition from 15 years of doing nothing. The PT guy said 1 1/2 year. So be it.

My sitting limit seems to be two hours but when I do more I feel a lot the next day. My chemicallly sensitive disc is GONE. That was my goal so I have reached that.

It's a one day at a time game. That's the only way I can take it. I'm also dealing with a questionable mammogram right now 4 years after my recovery. Enough is enough. Thank you for being kind. Sorry again.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:17 PM

Default wow!

A sitting limit of 2 hours~ imagine that?! My sitting limit is probably an hour now without getting up and that's as long as I feel good.

You know I've wondered about my ability to escalate re anger while on meds as it seems that I don't have as good an ability to just chill when I'm in one of my what seems like menopausal moods.. to think it would be worse off meds is kinda scary tho I guess what you're going thru is a temporary phase and with that I wish you the best. Sometimes I have to keep to myself when I'm in a real mood or else I might be shot by someone for what comes out of my mouth!

Your walking sounds great too and I'm glad you've updated us and please don't worry about however you think you may have offended someone. I'm sure we all have thin skins here at one time or another just by nature of what we deal with in terms of our own lives however as adults we should be able to realize what is going on and just shrug it off or at least not take it as a dagger to the heart.

May your recovery continue to progress and please keep us updated as able