Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Akkk I fell! also thanks to all who wrote in the Main forums forums; Thanks everyone who responded to my emotional posts. No one understands like people who have gone through it or are ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2010, 02:35 AM

Default Akkk I fell! also thanks to all who wrote

Thanks everyone who responded to my emotional posts. No one understands like people who have gone through it or are going through it.

I am happy to say I got a good mammogram report and in another year it will be my five year mark since my cancer battle.One down, one to go.

Two days ago I was walking in a nearby town and tripped on a sidewalk that needed to be fixed. I was totally freaked. I went right up to my HMO and they checked me all out and did xrays. It all looks good but boy am I sore!

It's now four months post op. (Anterior/posterior lumbar two level fusion with cage, screws, etc.) My pain has gotten so much better but this fall did not help. I was surprised my pt guy made me do all my exercises today and he doesn't want me to take any more time off (it's just two days ago that it happened).

I got a lot out of what people wrote to me. I would say I'm on half my meds now and less antidepressants as well. I do realize my anger at all the doctors who said I was crazy and had no idea what I was talking about has been an issue. I wish I had this surgery ten years ago, but it didn't happen.

In two weeks I will start a pt class at my HMO. So for now, I'm just trying to calm down from the fall.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.