Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss More than support in the Main forums forums; I was talking to my husband last night and realized that this forum and others like it offer more than ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2011, 06:40 PM

Default More than support

I was talking to my husband last night and realized that this forum and others like it offer more than support and recommendations. They offer a glimpse into someone elses suffering.

My L2/3 has become painful enough for me to go back into physical therapy, which I started again on Tuesday. During my woe is me and feeling sorry for myself rant, I relayed some stories of others whose backs are much worse, (my age prohibits remembering too many names) who have had failed surgeries or lack of funds for surgery, those who can no longer be helped by surgery or whose diagnosis remains a mystery and those who have had possible negligent side effects at their surgeon's hands. There are also those who have fallen into such despair and hopelessness, they chose another way out.

Those who have realized their miracle no longer post of these forums because they have their life back and simply don't have the time. Those who have given up also no longer post because- what's the use?

So, though some of us will always lead a life of pain, we know we have company and are not alone. At the fingers of those who share their stories, we learn to be grateful for our small victories.

So thank you for sharing your stories and your life. In reaching out for help, you are also giving it. In sharing your victories, you give us hope. In sharing your failures, you give us insight and wisdom. In sharing your travels, the long roads and tunnels, you give us a map.

Today's a better day - Dale