Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss What!!! in the Main forums forums; Hey there, So, something weird has happened, yet again....... I am having a problem with my left leg. It feels ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 01:04 AM

Default What!!!

Hey there,

So, something weird has happened, yet again.......

I am having a problem with my left leg. It feels all heavy and when I am sitting it goes numb and I can't lift my foot off the floor, do you know what I mean? If I try to pull my foot up towards me and leave my heel on the floor I can't do it!!

NOW WHAT?? Any suggestions?? I am a LITTLE freaked out!! It is Easter for God sakes, this has to be a problem free weekend!!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:07 AM

What is causing this to happen and what is happening I guess it what I want to know......SORRY for all the questions....
Old 04-10-2009, 03:49 AM

I hope someone else with more experience chimes in, but I would head to the hospital, quickly.

I have had a numb from the waist down feeling, sort of like the anesthetic at the dentist when it is just starting to wear off, but I've always been able to move my legs.

Sorry, but this is really worrying me. Can you at least call the hospital and ask them to check with the NS on call?
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I hope someone else with more experience chimes in, but I would head to the hospital, quickly.

I have had a numb from the waist down feeling, sort of like the anesthetic at the dentist when it is just starting to wear off, but I've always been able to move my legs.

Sorry, but this is really worrying me. Can you at least call the hospital and ask them to check with the NS on call?
I second Katie. At the bare minimum call your doctors phone number. Most of them have an after hours answering service or nurse who answers and 'screens' symptoms to see if they are serious or not. If they ask you to make this call, then say yes it is an emergency.
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:52 AM

marymary, you do need to get yourself to a doctor, as the other kind folks have recommended as well. It has the sound of footdrop. Damage to the perineal nerve, perhaps? Again, I am no doc, and could be way off, but you need to be seen. You don't want to risk any permanent damage from this dangerous symptom. Do not take this lightly. Please let us know what you find out. We care.

My best,

Cindylou
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:48 PM

Hi Mary

Take the advice of the others, see a doctor

Is your heel numb,side of foot by little toe?

You have some nerve pinch somewhere Please get it checked out.

I waited to long and left me with nerve damage lost my calf muscle took me over a year to be able to stand on my toes.

Keep us posted

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 04-10-2009, 04:01 PM

MAYBE!!!!

It sounds like you might have an emergency situation on your hands. See a doctor as soon as possible because you don't want to risk further or permanant damage. If it turns out not to be serious, you'll still feel better knowing!

Now would be a good time. Tomorrow doesn't sound so good, Dale