Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss My Situation in the Main forums forums; Sorry for the delay as I had to go out of town. JC, I will be having Dr. Feil at ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2009, 03:16 PM

Default I'm back

Sorry for the delay as I had to go out of town.
JC,
I will be having Dr. Feil at the Atos Clinic in Heidelberg.

Katie,
I am American and most of the doctors at the American hospitals are American. However, the hospital is like 2 hrs from me and I was originally sent to a German hospital. And lucky for me, since I am in the military, I have no choice in the selection of a doctor. One of the doctors in the clinic referred me to a German hospital as Landstuhl was unable to see me. And I am now covered in fur as I gave my shedding kitty a nice scratch over (and brush) He loved it!

DSH,
Wow, your questions have my head spinning (but it is all good). Dr. Feil in Heidelberg will be doing the surgery. I have no idea how long I will be in the hospital. Hopefully no more than a week. I will be recuperating at home alone. Once I'm discharged, I have to see an American doctor so that he can give me the 45 days at home. After that, I ease back into work. It is possible to be medically reclassed (I would if I had to) or even separated from the military (which I will fight tooth and nail). At this point I really do not know what to expect or what will happen afterwards. I am only going to do as much as I can without overdoing it.

On Tuesday, I will be meeting with the doctor, anesthesiologist, and do all of the final lab work. Wish me luck.