Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Dr Delamater ? in the Main forums forums; Hi All I am thinking about sending my information to Dr Delamater in Santa Monica. Has anyone seen him or ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 06:12 PM

Default Dr Delamater ?

Hi All

I am thinking about sending my information to Dr Delamater in Santa Monica.

Has anyone seen him or know about him???

Thank You

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 07-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator

I don't think there is anyone in the US with more ADR experience than Rick Delamarter. He's done surgery on MANY friends and clients. I've observed him in the OR. Also, he uses Sal Brau, one of the top ADR vascular surgeons in the US. Like all spine surgeons, you'll run into some negative outcomes from him, but for the most part, I think you'll hear good things.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 07-19-2009, 06:37 PM

Dr d is one of the heavy hitters in the L.A. area. I think you'd do well to trust your spine to him... beware though, his office is run like a heard of cattle and his staff can be difficult.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:07 AM

Default Dr.Delamarter

My experience with having seen Dr.D was OK. He's not a razzler dazzler with words or bedside manner IMHO but I think according to the patient population I've talked with or had correspondence of some sort his results are pretty amazing so he must be a lean mean surgeon machine. I do know he's been in practice for awhile as he was a young surgeon back in the early 90's right before I had my 2nd discectomy and there were patients swearing by his surgical skills back then~ too bad I didn't go to him way back when.

The office back in '06 was a pain in the butt I thought ~ disjointed with right hand not knowing what the left had has done or caring or so it seemed.

I liked the xray tech.. he surely was personable!

Good luck. If you're thinking of seeing Dr.D I'd say go for it.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:41 PM

Default Bad experience with Delamarter

Like other people I've heard good things about him, and traveled to L.A. for surgeries with him, but my experience has been terrible.

I've had two recent surgeries with him. Both unsuccessful. He has actually made me a lot worse, damaging my nerve roots and causing what looks to be permanent nerve damage. After the second surgery, he wouldn't say what went wrong and his office stopped returning my phone calls.

I can not recommend him!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:48 AM

Please, I need to know. What type of surgeries did you have done by Delamarter that did not turn out well and what happened to you?

I saw him yesterday and he was the first doc who spotted dead on what my problem is with my spine. Better then anybody including some other "heavy hitters". The only Dr. of similar ability in regards to my problem has been neurogist Baumbach in Munich Germany. He is a very good diagnostician. His presentation was good and he seemed confident suggesting 3 level adr to me. So based on that he seems like one of the better dr's out there to me if you are the right patient for his specialties.