Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Healthcare Debate in the Main forums forums; I would hope everyone on this board is having an active role in the current healthcare debate. My situation is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 06:31 PM

Default Healthcare Debate

I would hope everyone on this board is having an active role in the current healthcare debate. My situation is a perfect example of the failure of the current system and I'm sure everyone else here is too..

This will affect every person in the country for years to come. Your parents, your children, your friends, and your neighbors. Not even the wealthy who can afford to pay for their own healthcare will be exempt. Healthcare is approaching 20% of the economy.

This post is not intended to be a debate. If you agree with the current plan, don't just sit there, make your voice heard and write your representatives. If you disagree with it, don't just sit there, make your voice heard and write your representatives. If you know nothing about it, get informed from unbiased sources (which is very difficult) and then write your representatives.

One last thing to think about. If you are scared (and rightfully so) about the rationing of care, what do you think insurance companies are doing right now when they deny treatment?
VATS thoracic fusion @ T3-4 and T6-7 on 9/11/09
Fusion w/cage @ C7-T1 on 11/12/09

Last edited by jchebert1979; 09-10-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:55 PM

Though I think this topic belongs elsewhere - it is nonetheless important. It is difficult to follow the changes being made, this draft, that draft but I don't like it based on friends and posts in Canada in Great Britain who have some type of nationalized health care system and all complain about it. Basing anything on a similar system will likely result in similar dissatisfaction.

On the other hand, everyone having insurance is a step in the right direction. In GB you can have a supplemental policy that gives more benefits than the state plan and is much less expensive than our policies today. This could be an option is private ins. companies jump on that bandwagon.

The big however, if illegals are excluded, and just for the telling I don't believe anyone in this country illegally should benefit from our hard working dollars, they will still not be refused medical care and emergency rooms will still be overworked, overcrowded and underfunded.

One more thing, for us older folks who remember a time when the system wasn't broken, when both health care and insurance, though expensive, was still affordable - why is this system not being looked at again. HMOs broke this system and it is still fixable - take out managed health care, IMHO. When the insurance companies and not the doctors are the ones making all the money, there is something definitly wrong with that system! A profit, yes, a killing (pun intended), no!

D
Old 09-11-2009, 11:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

Undocumented aliens get treatment now. They cant be turned away.
Doctors & insurance co's. are not required to check citizenship status so how are they going to weed out the illegal aliens under the new health plan? Illegals can get phone service, rent housing, credit cards etc... why wouldn't they be able to get insurance? Illegal's got it MADE maaaan.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC