Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss waiting for solution in the Main forums forums; Hi, I'm new here. I was searching PRODISC L recovery expectations when I found iSpine.. I have double prodisc ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 05:42 AM

Default Surgery tentatively scheduled for the 2nd week of June

Hi, I'm new here. I was searching PRODISC L recovery expectations when I found iSpine.. I have double prodisc L implant surgery scheduled in a little over 7 weeks. It's on the bottom two disks, both have been operated on in the past. The first was in 93 after a work accident, and again in 2007 to relieve compressed nerves, unfortunately a little late, so I have nerve damage. The second surgery was performed by the aforementioned surgeon from New Westminster, he is also doing the double disc implants. I can say I have complete confidence in his abilities He had suggested Germany as I need six discs, (Yes I have six lumbar?) and in Germany they will do three at a time, but as I said it was a work accident and even me offering to pay 100% would basically null & void future coverage. (different blog Dr. M said it would be a year before another two can be put in... and same if I need a 3rd operation. I'll let you know how the first two take in a couple of months. Note. I do work with a fellow that had one implant done a few years ago by Dr. M and he has never felt better, he states he's 100%, so I'm optimistic for a 33.3% improvement Anyway, I hope I'll be giving a positive update in June. Good Luck all, keep the chin up
Old 04-19-2011, 10:01 PM

Hi LangleyM and welcome to the forum,

I'm glad you found a doctor in whom you have trust. It's often a difficult process.

And did I read correctly, you need 6 ADRs in your lumbar spine? The max I've ever heard of was 5. 5 level Fred is doing quite well but what a huge undertaking - and 3 surgeries.

Why don't you start a new thread and give us a little more of you circumstances.

Dale