Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss AN update in the Main forums forums; Hello everyone. Its been a while since Ive updated here. Well, as many of you may recall, 16 months ago , ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 AM

Default AN update

Hello everyone. Its been a while since Ive updated here. Well, as many of you may recall, 16 months ago , Dr B did a C4-7 ADR removal converted to fusion. Well, over the past 6 months, I have a problem that has slowly been getting worse. Its either T1 or T2 , but my best guess is that its T2 disc that is giving me problems now. This is starting to look like the same movie Ive already seen before. Ughhh. Just like before, it started with a deep dull pain that is extremely tender. Touching it is like as if it is severely bruised. In addition, Im just starting to have ever so slight burning in my arms and hands, and also that familar below the waste irritation sensations like I once had before I went to Dr B for my original surgery. And just like before, epidural injection worked for a few days and that was all. Like I said, Ive seen this movie before.

I thought thoracics are rare to blow!?? Over and over I read about how so rare that is. My thoracic discs were not at all compromised prior to surgery so this really shouldnt be happening at all, much less so FAST. How can a healthy disc breakdown in just 16 months??? It doesnt make sense.Interestingly enough though, I did notice early after surgery that this same spot was already sore and tender and so was all my T spine for that matter, but the rest of the T spine only a t ad bit sore and even today all my t spine is still ever so slightly tender at times when I bend or move it alot. I guess Im saying that I can feel how much stress this fusion is putting on my T spine.

And how strange is it that this may very well be the disc next to the adjacent disc that is causing this issue now? Unbelievable. My August CT scan reports c1 through T2 as normal. I guess it will be on to an MRI next. I cant even think what it will mean if the MRI shows normal. On the positive side, my symptoms were 100% by surgery before, so I hope that bodes well should I have another fusion surgery. Another relieving thing to read is how there are alot of people out there with 7-9 level fusions in C and T spine and are doing very well, skiing, running , and most seem to be for the most part, pain free. So that was a relief to see that if worse case occurs and I get another fusion at T1 or T2, another fusion wont necessarily have dire consequences even though 4 levels is alot. But I do wonder, am I going to cascade 1 level at a time every few years?? Maybe even more so as more and more levels put more and more stress on the next adjacent level on down the T spine line. Then again, Ive read that T spines dont move much so perhaps it wont be as likely to cascade. I also read that there is no real need for ADR's in the T spine due to this lack of movement there and such little disc thickness, especially if its T2 as I suspect it is.

PS- I feel guilty for even complaining about my situation after reading Kajari's ordeal. Lord have mercy on his poor soul. Talking about a nightmare coming true. I dont feel so sorry for myself after reading his ordeal.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.