Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Communicating with MD's - Foreign Language? in the Main forums forums; More on my mind... Is it common to have communication problems with the MD's? I've seen my PM ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2011, 06:46 PM

Question Communicating with MD's - Foreign Language?

More on my mind...

Is it common to have communication problems with the MD's?

I've seen my PM for a year now. I told her at 3 appts that I lost my job because I can't work because of the pain and that I was filing disability. I've told her that I can't even go to the grocery store because of the pain. I spend most of my day/night in a recliner. Last month she says "I was surprised to receive disability paperwork. What is the problem?" "Well I guess this is affecting your life." This month she asks where my pain is. (It's been the same for a year.) When I explain my pain. She looks at me in shock and said "When did that start?" I said last January. I'm not driving right now so my husband takes me to the appts and has witnessed all of this. Otherwise, I would think I'm losing my mind.

So my question is, what am I doing wrong? Is there some special communication skills I need to get my informaiton heard? I'm frustrated! I think I'm being clear and I repeat the same info every appt. I don't know a foreign language so I know it's english that I'm speaking.

Anyone else have this problem?
2 Ruptured Thoracic Discs (T7/8, T9/10)
DDD