Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Consultation, Doctor #1 in the Main forums forums; Hey all, continuing my chronicle here. Today I had a consultation at a minimally invasive spine surgery center in Tampa ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2012, 11:48 PM

Default Consultation, Doctor #1

Hey all, continuing my chronicle here. Today I had a consultation at a minimally invasive spine surgery center in Tampa Florida. As soon as I walked in, I got a weird feeling. The lady who checked me in scolded me for being late (I was perfectly on time!) and that the docs would only have a minute with me. So I met the docs and they felt they could do an athroscopic procedure on my L5-S1 to alleviate the stenosis there and get rid of my pain. However, asking them about their procedure, they didn't seem that knowledgeable and talked often about how they were better than their main competition (who I am going to see tomorrow). The whole place felt like a factory, and they treated me like I was just another number and a check for them to cash. I guess I am really haha, but it comforts me to feel like my doctor cares about me and wants to see me feel better and be healed. Am I crazy for that? I hope I have a better experience tomorrow.