Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss New Member: Cervical ADR 2 / 3 level in the Main forums forums; Hi, I have been perusing through your forum trying to glean information about surgeons, ADR devices, and surgical outcomes in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 PM

Default New Member: Cervical ADR 2 / 3 level

Hi, I have been perusing through your forum trying to glean information about surgeons, ADR devices, and surgical outcomes in hope of affirming my most recent decision to have ADR surgery at 2 (possibly 3) cervical levels.

In 2006, I had C5/6 discectomy and fusion (anterior). In 2008, after a car accident, I began having symptoms of burning between my shoulder blades, arm pain, shakes and tremors, tingling, and horrific migraines along with neck pain. So be it, I returned to have further diagnostic tests; only to find that I had damaged discs both above and DDD below my fusion. US doctors only suggested multi-level fusion (insurance dictated), and I decided to abstain.

Well after five years, I finally digressed and was ready to fuse when I learned about ADR as an alternative. After doing much research regarding physicians, I had narrowed my physician search down to Dr. Bertagnoli (ProSpine, Straubing, Germany) or Dr. Bierstedt (Hattingen, Germany). I feel both surgeons had vast experience with multi-level and would be a good choice either way. The difference is the use of ADR device. Dr. Bertagnoli suggests the PRO DISC C Nova while Dr. Bierstedt recommends the M6.

At this point, I had made a preliminary decision to see Dr. Bertagnoli (ProSpine). I am nervous about the choice of ADR. I have been hearing both positive and negative outcomes pertaining to "keeled" devices, and the possibility of resurgery. Help me out here. I am not an engineer, but I want to make the most informed decision. Most surgeons have a personal stake in their device. The M6 (being new) seems to have a flood of great responses - but again....not sure?????