Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Warning!!! Contageous heriated discs! in the Main forums forums; Hello all and I regret this posting of bad news. For years, my husband took loving care of me and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2007, 06:40 PM

Exclamation Warning!!! Contageous heriated discs!

Hello all and I regret this posting of bad news.

For years, my husband took loving care of me and not so loving care of household chores. All during this time and more, he's been brutal on his back. My warnings were never heeded. Twisting his body while relaxing on the couch despite my pleads continued daily.

For several months now, he complained, on and off, about hip pain. Thinking the worst -a hip replacement - he would not go to the doctor. The pain became more frequent. A few weeks ago, after overdoing a day's work, not only did the pain become constant but he also complained of migrating pain down his leg and a tingling foot. With a very 'I told you so' attitude, I told him it was his back but without back pain, he remained unconvinced until the results of his MRI yesterday.

He was four heriated discs, S1/L2. Though referred to a spinal doctor of which I do have my favorites, I insisted he try the flexion/distraction therapy I had for the three years before my surgery. It kept me somewhat active for awhile and off of pain meds. Without prior surgeries and scar tissue, we're both hoping he'll respond positively, though I also doubt he'll take any better care of his back.

So, we've caught colds and the flu from each other over the years, but I didn't know he could catch this. Go know!

Dale