Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss L5-S1 Charite Revision Surgery 8 day post op in the Main forums forums; So today is 8 days from when I had my surgery. I pushed it a little too hard the day ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2007, 01:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara
Default L5-S1 Charite Revision Surgery 8 day post op

So today is 8 days from when I had my surgery. I pushed it a little too hard the day I gave my last update and definitely felt it the following day. So even though I feel good under the circumstances, I'm sticking to the 15-20 minute walks instead of what I was doing. That way I won't kick myself in the butt the next day.

I still feel really good. Each day I feel a little better and can do a little bit more. So I'm really happy about that. Yesterday I took a shower and it definitely wore me out, but I felt so much better afterwards.

I'm not sleeping all that much at once. I can only sleep for 3-4 hours at a time and then I wake up from pain. But I remember from my ADR that I wasnt sleeping all that much for the first month or so and well I've had insomnia problems since then so it's not that big of a deal.

The only one thing that I don't like is that it's very difficult for me to go to the bathroom. I havent "made" since I was in the hospital even though I'm taking colace twice a day every day. Is this common? I don't remember how it was after my ADR because for the most part I don't remember the first two months. I definitely wasnt as clear headed as I am during this recovery.

I go to see Dr. Regan and my PM next Wednesday, so that will probably be the next time I give an update. I just wanted to let you guys know how I'm doing and what's going on. Things are still great, minus the bathroom thing, but they moved around a lot of stuff so I'm thinking this is common.

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Blair
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex