Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss One year Hell ADR in Germany (L4/5).Revision to fusion. in the Main forums forums; I too saw Dr. Regan for a consultation, to determine if I was a candidate for a study he was ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2008, 06:45 PM

I too saw Dr. Regan for a consultation, to determine if I was a candidate for a study he was doing. It turned out that I wasn't and yet he spent quite a lot of time with me, and even saw me for a long follow-up visit (and didn't charge me) to help me determine possible next steps.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:32 AM

Anastasia:
It is wonderful to learn that you are progressing and regaining some life. You have all of my wishes for continued progress. Thank you for posting in such detail.
I entrusted Dr. Regan with my surgery as well and have a great deal of respect for him.
I too would be interested to know if you are back in the US or Europe.

Barbara
Old 05-14-2008, 01:08 PM

Dear A,

I'm glad that you are on the mend (wow, riding a bike twice/day) and might have a life (not sports-optimal) after being confined to bed for too long. You have a heartfelt, unfortunate, and compelling story that must be told.

Heal well, Allan
Old 05-18-2008, 07:01 AM

Dear Anastasia,
It is wonderful to read your post and realize how far you have come. No doubt things will continue to improve for months still to come.

Your story and others where there are dreadful and excellent outcomes with the same surgery and the same surgeons only prove what any doctor worth their salt will tell us, that surgery is as much art as it is science. It is too bad that we live in such a litigious society, where doctors are afraid to acknowledge any actions that might be construed as errors or wrongdoing, and thus close the door to helping the patient find a solution.

In your case, you have undergone incredible financial hardship as well, making things even more stressful. I hope that part of your life will also recover, and that we will hear good things from you as the year progresses.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:30 PM

RIP Freedom of Speech

Last edited by Job13; 03-28-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:52 PM

Hello Anasthasia, you are a warrior. I like yur travel arrangement. Good to know it can be done that way.

Thanks for the thoughtful update. I read every word of it.

I am a german native and travel there all the time and those doctors will see me again, sooner then later. When I had my surgery last november I stayed there 6 weeks, not 2. I own a condo there. Doctor Z can not get away from me. I also have doctors amoungst my german relatives.. so I am in a similar situation as you.

My back has healed up great but I still have lots of neurolgical trouble with my feet that obviously are coming from my neck. I was the dr.s in Germany who discoverd this and told me this would likely persist after the lumbar surgery and my neck would be next. It looks like they were so right. Here in US they throw pills at me and tell me its in my brain. Insurance takes the right to tell I don't need another neuro workup etc etc.... So I still feel really good about the germans and their no nonsense approach to solving the problem. We as patients ofcause need to be caveat emptor and understand our situation better then the doctors and know the risks and deal with them. Not an easy task.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:28 AM

Anastasia,
So glad to hear from you-I've often wondered about you!!! Didn't know why I hadn't seen your posts lately. So sorry to hear of your hell. Wow, it sounds awful! I feel bad about being one of the pro-surgery people, even before your surgery! I'm so glad you had the support of your hubby, who was looking for answers often before and after your surgery! Anyway, I'm so sorry for the way you were treated, and how it turned out. I wish your story could've been an easier journey, and understand your anger. I wish I could've helped! I hope for the best for you!! Keep us informed!
13 docs, 9 PT's, 8 Epidurals, 3 trigger point inj, 1 Facet Block, 1 Acupuncturist, 3 Chiros and 1 child later, had L4-5 ProDisc placed 9-19-06 by Dr. Janssen in Denver, CO. Facet rhizo March, 2007, November 2007, January 2009
Had healthy baby boy #2 in Dec 2008 with use of some meds during pregnancy and nursing.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:48 PM

I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure she had a bad disc which was not her problem and a cracked sacrum. Bertagnoli told her the disc replacement probably wouldn't lessen her pain! She said to him I'm sure a dr as handsome as you will succeed. While the surgery was warranted it was unlikely to resolve her complaint. Thanks the story I was told. Also she isn't poor her dad owns a company. She went in to say she was in no pain before but was after. That sounds fishy right there. Who would go get Adr if they weren't in pain? Long story just wanted to post this as it was a fly in the ointment for me while deciding on Bertagnoli. I inky found two people complain about him and that's it out of over 10000