Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Geoff's Blog - Alpha Kilinik L4/L5/S1 in the Main forums forums; Well it's a little early yet, but it finally feels like it is actually going to happen. Surgery is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 10:12 PM

Default Geoff's Blog - Alpha Klinik-L4/L5/S1 - ActivL

Well it's a little early yet, but it finally feels like it is actually going to happen. Surgery is scheduled for next friday (10/10). I kind of feel like the kid with the Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory (If that doesn't tell you something about back pain...). We know there are no guarantees, but we like our chances at the same time.

Below is the post that basically lays out my situation.

The smell of Munich in the Fall!

We decided at the last second for my wife and 10 week old to go along with Daddy. Our pediatrician gaves up the thumbs up yesterday....we got the passport and tickets today.....and most importantly, mommy is willing to take this on.

We have had more drama the last month than the previous 12 combined, which has not really added to the process. I awoke yesterday to massive back spasms (first time in a couple months). I actually found them amusing and comforting at the same time. It's time to get those little unstable pain producers out of there and replace them with Bbraun's best.

I am a typical type A and have spent hundreds of hours researching this stuff. I have read posts by Mark that predates his own surgery. I have not been good about posting a lot on this site, but I promise to be a source of information for anyone that wants to travel down this road....as many of you have done for me.

The Bionic Man - "We'll make him better than he was before...Better, Stronger, Faster"...well not quite but you get the idea

Last edited by Firerescuefin; 10-04-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:07 AM

Geoff,

You've certainly had an incredible year. May I wish you all the best of luck in your upcoming surgery. The next few days with go flying by as each hour drags by.

Please take care, and good luck to your wife with a 10 week old!

Dale
Old 10-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Thanks Dale,

We will be leaving tuesday w/ wednesday morning arrival. I will try to post wednesday or thursday.

Geoff

The Bionic Man - "We'll make him better than he was before...Better, Stronger, Faster"...well not quite but you get the idea
Old 10-06-2008, 12:05 AM

Default Good Luck Geoff and family

You are going to do great! I'll be reading!
2 level Prodisc ADR L4-S1, Feb. 18, 2008 Dr. Bertagnoli - Straubing, Germany - SUCCESS -

Now I struggle with Neck Pain likely c5-7
PT, injections, rhizotomy.......MRI and CT Myleo not consistent with pain symptoms, waiting that out, keeping my passport valid
Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM

Default And Their Off !!

Well it's 4:45 in the morning and we are brewing coffee, feeding babies, and waiting for our dear Heather to come over and pick us up in about an hour. We will be traveling from Denver to DC...then on to Munich. We decided to get Logan his own seat...don't think we will be second guessing that decision any time soon. We are both in a haze as we were up about 2.5 hours ago getting packed and getting all last second preparations in place. Thanks again to everyone that has recorded their experiences and been so open with regard to what they have been through. Everyone I have ever asked has gladly given me their phone numbers and shared everything they could in order to give me better information, and to make the road a little easier to travel.

Geoff

Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 PM

Default I knew there was a reason to listen to Mark

I have read a few posts from Mark to not make your travel plans to tight. We decided to come a day early just in case something happened.....Well, we were supposed to fly through Dulles (DC) and get into Munich at 7 this morning.....We are at Nero's coffee shop in Heathrow (London), and it's 2 in the afternoon. We should arrive in Munich at 6 this evening. Enough said. We are exhausted. My wife and son are traveling like seaoned pro's. People were not really excited to see us get on the plane, but we received a couple of compliments as we got off regarding how good Logan was...just like his dad...or not.

Last edited by Firerescuefin; 10-09-2008 at 09:57 AM.