Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss HELP: Desperately Need a Maverick ADR Removed in the Main forums forums; Hi, I have had a Maverick ADR put in at L3/4 that was placed way to far off centre ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Default HELP: Desperately Need a Maverick ADR Removed

Hi,
I have had a Maverick ADR put in at L3/4 that was placed way to far off centre to the left. It has caused my spine to curve which is getting worse quickly. After my last Xray when my surgeon saw it he insisted that I have a Posterior fusion and leave the disc in place ASAP. He even said that he doesnt think it will help with the pain but didnt want to remove the disc as he was concerned with the risks. I saw him again last week after I had a new MRI Scan and he agreed to remove the disc if the posterior fusion doesnt help. I dont know if that is even possible after a posterior fusion. The disc was put in mid november 2008. I have yet to find a doctor in Australia that is prepared to remove the disc as they prefer to just fuse at the rear and leave the disc alone. I have read most of the papers regarding the revision operations and they mostly recommend removal of the disc for the best result and not many say a good result is achieved from a PLIF. I am only 33 yrs old, have suffered in pain for over 12 yrs and dont really want to be in pain for the rest of my life. I am needing huge doses of medications which barely take the edge off the pain. If anyone has any advice regarding what is the best approach to take that would be appreciated, especially from anyone that has had a revision operation. Your advice is appreciated.

Mark
July 2009 ADR successfully removed laterally by Dr Luiz Pimenta in Brasil with XLIF and perc. PLIF

NO LONGER POSTING HERE