Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Finally getting cervical Myleo CT, Left shoulder MRI, and 7 month X-rays!! in the Main forums forums; Hello, Finally got into a GP who is interested in my ADR surgery and wrote me a script for the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 AM

Default Finally getting cervical Myleo CT, Left shoulder MRI, and 7 month X-rays!!

Hello,

Finally got into a GP who is interested in my ADR surgery and wrote me a script for the needed tests to help determine my type of pain...Nerve or muscular is the question. I was very close to flying back over to Barcelona, Spain and letting my Adr surgeon do the required tests, but work has been hectic and I havent been able to find enough time to plan the trip. So I saw a new GP who agrees with the Adr surgeon on the required tests to determine my pain source. I am praying that something pops up other than a problem with the operated levels as I have had a very hard year since I had my accident resulting in a 3 level cervical Adr surgery in Dec. 2010.

This upper left shouldr blade/upper back pain/ache is the pits and it is driving me crazy week by week...I pray I wake up and it starts to diminish, but so far no good. I am getting the MRI of the left shoulder to rule out rotator cuff injury as it was a weightlifting accident that lead to my injuries. I pray to GOD above to find the problem/pain generator so I can wake up everyday not wondering if pain is in store for me. I will post more when I get the results, thank you all for listening!!

Jarrod
Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 AM

Good Luck with all of your tests Jarrod
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 PM

Jarrod,

Knowing where your pain is coming from is difficult. Not knowing is impossible. Glad you're having your necessary tests and here's hoping you find what you're looking for. Please keep us posted.

Dale
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 PM

"""This upper left shouldr blade/upper back pain/ache""" i also have the same symptoms but still didnt get answers....
hope it will pop up something for us...
Old 08-10-2011, 11:00 PM

Hellol All,

Finally got all the tests done and the Myleo CT (cervical) too. So x-rays, left Shoulder MRI and myleo ct done. The myleo is not fun and the dye being injected in the lumbar area had a weird sensation, but it is over and hopefully I will find out if everything is ok or if there is a problem. If nothing is found, then Im praying it is just time my body needs to completely get over this operation. I have been praying to GOD for my pain to fade and I can honestly say that I am feeling better and have had some really good days lately, so faith works ( at least for me). I will keep updates as soon as I get the results and what my oversees surgeon says when he sees the scans. Again I want to thank all of you very much for the support and help, you all are always there when I am feeling my worst and that my friends is a gift in itsself....I hope my pain continues to fade even if it is a t a slow pace some improvement is better than none or regression. I pray for all of you and hope we all find some relief and comfort in the future....never lose faith or hope as you and me never know what GOD has around the corner for us.

Sincerly, Jarrod
Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 PM

Default re time

Jarrod,
Glad to hear you got your testing done and over with and hope whatever it shows the pain continues to fade as you stated. I agree that even a slow improvement is better than none or regression. I do hope that you continue in this manner and thanks for the updated report on self!
Old 10-08-2011, 11:58 AM

Hello Jarrod,

I am a new member of this forum, and I am sorry if my english is not very good because I am spanish (and french canadian).
I am presently in spain because my family leaves in Barcelona. I am presently on seack leave for lumbar problems, and I am considering to be treated by Dr. Clavel.

I wanted to hear about yor experince and if you recommend me to go to this neurosurgeron and if you know about other people that has been operate by him.
I thank you very much for your opinion
Sariera