Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss 4 Days till Surgery! in the Main forums forums; I am so ready to go to Miami and have this surgery done. I have bought all of the supplies ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2009, 04:54 AM

Default 4 Days till Surgery!

I am so ready to go to Miami and have this surgery done. I have bought all of the supplies you all suggested. Hubby has already got dibs on my grabbers when I am done with them. I still haven't started packing; but that shouldn't be too hard, lot's of soft clothes. I finally found some St. Patty's day gear! I bought a night shirt and pajama pants, 4 leaf clover socks (maybe they will let me have those in surgery), and my undies are green. I'm just gonna wear that to the hospital, give me something to laugh about and take my mind off of what I'm doing.

On to that, I am starting to get nervous and worried about surgery. I am not worried about the ADR, more about anesthia. I have never had 'real' surgery, where they put you to sleep (only had the sedation you get for injections and stuff). So, that's a bit freaky. Hopefully, they will drug me pretty quick upon arrival. That is my favorite part of having procedures done, a couple of hours without pain. I look forward to that little bit of time with no pain. My husband always laughs at me when I get all excited about having that; but it is a nice relief from the constant pain.

We leave for FL on Sunday, I see the dr. on Monday and then surgery on Tuesday. My husband will be with me until the Friday after surgery. I then have a friend coming for the weekend and another friend coming for the remainder of the time. I also got some books I am really looking forward to reading. I bought a really cool chronological bible, that puts history with the bible and it is in order, so a lot easier to follow. I am looking forward to reading some of that. I really wish I had liked history in school and paid attention, as I really like it now. I also got the Jon & Kate plus 8 book, probably will read that in a day or two. It will be some nice easy reading, hopefully funny (but not so funny that I laugh until I cry-from pain). I'm also loading my Ipod up with a lot of new music and videos.
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!