Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Im new in the Main forums forums; ANTHONY Yesterday 05:11 PM ANTHONY Hello everyone, I've been reading posts for a while and decided to join ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 09:18 PM

Default Im new

ANTHONY
Yesterday 05:11 PM
ANTHONY
Hello everyone, I've been reading posts for a while and decided to join in. About 3 months ago i thought i was having a heart attack. It turned out to be problems in my neck. I had pain in both arms shoulders to the ctr of my back. I have numbness on both ring fingers and a strange feeling above my left hand,almost as if it was swollen. If i do anything that involves my arms being raised up, it kills. I haven't worked for 2 months. I been to a chiro for decompression it seem to help massages and stim. Which helped too but seem to personify that feeling above my left hand, the feeling of being swollen. If that makes any sense. todays a good day, but i haven't really done anything physical. I wish you all well and speedy recovery. Anthony

Ques. What would be the best way to treat a small herniated c5 c6
Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 PM

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like your experiencing some spinal cord compression. Since the herniation is still small, you might try physical therapy. Some of us have had bad experiences with chiros and you might consider giving him up unless he specializes in herniations.

You should be warned that even physical therapy can take time so you should be careful with your movements and if it hurts, do not do it.

I had some luck with an inversion table too.

If all else fails, surgery might be a possibility but always try less invasive procedures first, especially on a virgin spine. If you can avoid surgery, I would.

Good luck, Dale
Old 04-06-2010, 11:45 PM

Default Thanks

Dale
i appreciate your input. It seems any minor lifting sets off some horrible pain.. Palms get hot, pain in right shoulder down arm to the hand. Icing helps.
I was thinking of getting an inversion table.the only thing i let the chiro do, is decompression.dale do you think it will go away in time?
Old 04-08-2010, 04:58 AM

Default Inversion table

I tried the inversion table and it doesn't work for the cervical areas. I felt the effect only in the lower back. I think you will find it a waste of money. I suggest trying one out somewhere before buying. Or, make sure there is a return policy with no questions asked. Good luck.

9/22/09 -Dr B opened me up to find a staph infection was eating my vertebrae causing ADR subsidence. Had to remove all 3 ADR's and convert to 3 level fusion. Mostly pain free 2 weeks post op.

9/20/10 - I think I jinxed myself. As soon as I told dr b and dr Sullivan I was doing well (on 6/1/10) I tanked and have experienced the return of pain. My neuro says the new pain is at t4.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:09 PM

Sorry about that, I only have lumbar problems. Anthony, could your herniation 'heal' with time? The simple answer is yes with a great big however! The therapy you receive can make all the difference as well as the way you move. Choosing the best health care professionals is a problem for all of us. Just read about some of the failures caused by surgeons themselves. I also believe my chiro caused my initial rupture.

So, if you get the right help and protect your cervical spine, you might improve but then again, you might not.

There is a therapy which helped both my husband and me tremendously. It is flexion/distraction therapy using the Cox table, not the electric one. It is a form of decompression therapy and is completely non-invasive, causing no pain. If done properly, you could find the relief you seek. Finding someone who does it properly is a problem in itself.

I also found a lot of relief from my nerve damage with accupunture but again, it's still depends on the professional.

I found no one by myself. All those I chose were referrals. A word of warning here is appropriate. I know many people with back problems who swear their doctors are the best. Most are still suffering???? Choose your referrals carefully.

Dale
Old 04-08-2010, 11:10 PM

Default Hello

Dale and steve

thanks for the info.i can use it for a direction. My life seems to have stopped.i found, in this site people with the same struggle.and i realize that things could be worst.but over all this site gives hope...thank you so much.