Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Down to 300mg/day Neurontin in the Main forums forums; I have to come back and post about this because I never thought I'd be on this little Neurontin. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2010, 10:23 PM

Default Down to 300mg/day Neurontin

I have to come back and post about this because I never thought I'd be on this little Neurontin. As I've mentioned previously I started taking Neurontin back in '98 and actually before that I was on Elavil from 92-97 due to failed discectomy on L4 and really horrible neuropaties bilaterally lower extremities for 5 years afterwards.

Eventually the need for Elavil seemed to wear off but about a year later was still having some neuropathies in weird places so was put on Neurontin 2400mg/day and worked myself down to a comfortable 1800mg/day until just recently when I started to feel very odd as tho my mind would be scrambled for hours and I couldn't hardly do anything for those periods of time.

I have been told by surgeons in the past that were offering ADR surgery and/or fusion that I would likely be on Gabapentin (Neurontin) forever because of what was going on in my spine.

So imagine how pleased I am to find that my neuropathies are gone it seems or at least so far and/or are not constant/chronic like they once were.

I'm so happy to be able to think again and especially to read again! I feel like my mind is a big playground and I've just been given the key to get in and use it again!

Wow! How absolutely amazing. I'm still thinking this has to be related to the dessication of L5S1 and the autofusion in that area as this was my worst disc level on discograms.

The other day I sat in the hairdressers chair and was actually comfortable the whole time with no figiting and sliding around or impatience to get up and move as my back or bumm was NOT bothering me. That was 2 solid hours and then came home and sat at the computer for a pretty good amount of time.

The following day I had some stiffness in my spine tho nothing bad and no neuropathies in my legs. Used to be even doing part of that amount of sitting would have made my buttocks and legs burn so badly I'd feel like I was being tortured. The back pain would have laid me out for at least a week or longer in past years.

Next to see how continuing at 300mg of Neurontin will do me and if I can afford to be off it period and then also what will happen if I flare myself up riding my bike and how long will it take to get over that? It's experimentation time!

Last edited by Maria; 08-13-2010 at 10:25 PM.