Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss My Story... in the Main forums forums; HI!! I am going to explain my story (I hope thats ok) I do have a couple questions that I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2008, 02:57 PM

Default My Story...

HI!!

I am going to explain my story (I hope thats ok) I do have a couple questions that I hope someone might be able to help me with.

Last Saturday 29th March, I was at work and I lifted/moved a box when all of a sudden I got this "popping" kind of pain in my low back with immediate pain down my right leg (a little bit on my left hip area). Instantly I screamed, I couldn't believe the feeling I had and how much it hurt. The next thing I knew to even walk was a challange from the pain. My manager wasn't comfortable with the pain I was in and I guess he said I looked like I was going to pass out, so he called an Ambulance. The ambulance took me to the hospital, they did xrays, gave me pain meds, admitted me overnight for observation, put the order in for me to get an MIR (?????like and xray??) and they told me to follow up with my doctor in a couple days, they think I have herniated a disk in my back. When I left the hospital I still had the pain in my right leg as well as the pain in my left hip area has moved to my left thigh.

I went for a follow-up with my doctor on Tuesday. That was the most difficult appointment in my life. I can HARDLY WALK!! I can't believe the PAIN I AM IN!!

My doctor asked me a whole bunch of questions which I really have no idea what they all mean, but he came to the conclucion that he as well believes I have a herniated disk as well he said at my 5 and 1 (??????). Told me to go home and rest in bed until the pain subsides and take it easy, I have to go back to him on wednesday and he said he will check me more thoroughly, cuz I was in too much pain for him to do anything to in depth.

SO, the questions I have are:

1)What is a herniated disc really mean?

2)What is causing the pain down both my legs, it is now down both my legs to my calf and ankle.

3) I have also noticed that it feels like the outside of my feet and pinky toe, toe next to pinky and middle toe are feeling like they are numb (??) both feet, also the outside of my calf near my ankle is numb. My heels go all tingly. Is ANY of this making any sense?

I guess I am just really FREAKED out by all of this stuff happening and I don't really know why and how, or if I should be concerned etc. If I might be able to get some sort of information from some of you on this forum that will be able to help me out, I would REALLY appreciate it!!

I hope I didn't write too much, and didn't screw up what I was told, I tried to make as much sense of it as I could but got nowhere.

Thank you for your help!!
Aimee