Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss The *Sign* I was waiting for.. in the Main forums forums; I've been waiting a long time for a sign that would influence my surgical decision one way or another ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Default The *Sign* I was waiting for..

I've been waiting a long time for a sign that would influence my surgical decision one way or another as the last year or so I've been pretty physical in comparison to where I was before this. Flare ups would be short lived and not so bad.

Ok, so I'm in the midst of a super sickening flare up with screaming with movement back pain. It may have muscle spasm component, most likely does tho I can tell when it's disc, the way it hurts~ and I have a positive straight leg raise...oh man, is it positive.

Normally I wouldn't dream of leaving my bed at this point for days but I'm in San Diego (not my home currently) to see my PM doc today and my husband is going to take me to the appt. and accompany which he never has to because I've NEVER gone to the doctor (any doctor) when I'm this flared up.

I was going to beg an ESI so I could return to Florida and help my father out some more, but I'm beginning to feel I am a surgery waiting to happen.

I never thought I had kicked the spinal problem but I thought I could wait longer... this type of flare up really is remniscent of exactly why I had discectomies.. horrible limiting pain with any movement~ now that it's happening again, I know it will happen more ~ I know this kind of pain but I worry it's at L3 vs. L4 or L5S1 (the discs that were concordant for pain on last 3 discograms).

Ok, I don't feel better stating this tho I know what's in my future. Need to get BMD done ASAP~ see where I'm at w/this and hope WC utilization review will auth' this ESI as WC is waiting for me to have surgery and may see this as an opportune time. Today would be a good day~ knock me out someone!