Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss My Appointment.. in the Main forums forums; Hey all!! Ok, I am home, WOW that was very interesting. He was FANATASTIC!! YOUNG, GOOD LOOKING & SINGLE, LMAO!! ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2009, 04:15 PM

Default My Appointment..

Hey all!!

Ok, I am home, WOW that was very interesting. He was FANATASTIC!! YOUNG, GOOD LOOKING & SINGLE, LMAO!!

Ok, seriously though, he looked over my MRI with me and explained in detail the problems that I do have with my spine and told me he can understand WHY I have the pain I do.

He is concerned with my L5/S1, I have a central disc extrusion with a tear, that is irritating my L5 nerve root. I also have a smaller spinal canal, he said I was born with that.

I have been doing physio since December with no significant improvement, so he said to stop that and that he wants me to have some steroid shots in my low back, . He will be setting up the appointment for those.

When I am done the shots, I have to go back to him and at that point he said he will decide the options of surgery. "In a nutshell" as he put it, surgery is unfortunately in my future. YUCK!!

He did tell me not to worry and that he will get this resolved and I will be back to my happy old self again....how did he know if I was a happy person or not??

He was understanding with my situation and explained that there is not point in putting me through months of torture if it isn't going to help, especially with a little one I have to look after.

I just got home not too long ago,so I have to give my attention to Amiah, I will be on later, so much was said, so if there is any info that I MIGHT have not filled you in on, ask away...I probably have it all in my head I just don't know how to word it....

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!! I TRULY APPRECIATE IT!!

Mary