Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Years of Pain no solid diagnosis in the Main forums forums; Originally Posted by jsewell Billy Bob, You must listen to Maria she gives very good advice. i on the other ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsewell View Post
Billy Bob,
You must listen to Maria she gives very good advice. i on the other hand have teneded to go into back surgery hoping to get back to some of the things i am used to doing., i know how you feel, although i have never been the strongest gal , i have been in pretty good shape and as i loose more and more of what i used to be able to do it is difficult, and i don't like it. I understand wanting to do it to get back to weight lifting. I know i will never get back to trail running or any kind of running, but now would like to be able to hike, which to me is a downgrade. I am dealing with a few issues right now spine wise which i certainly would like to not be dealing with.
I have an MRi coming up on the 26th and am EMg wihout a date yet and now have to deal with my body not being able to deal with a nerve pain drug, gabapentin which was doing wonders for my leg and foot. so i must stop it as i have gained like 14 pounds in less than a week and that does nothing for the person who just wants to be in good shape and get to exercise.
So keep us posted and i will do the same
judy
Judy,

I am so sorry to hear all of this. I do have to say though I am really glad I found all of you guys on this forum. It has helped me a lot already.

Judy as far as the down grade from hard core running to more leisurely hiking. I totally understand what you mean. While I never competed I was very very strong. And to be honest my fanaticism about lifting weights, and other physical activities I used to participate in, might be the cause of my isssues.

I hope the MRI and EMG give good rather than bad info. Best of luck and keep us posted.