Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Lumbar L5-S1 (Freedom Lumbar Disc Replacement) - Plano, TX in the Main forums forums; I found this forum by searching for information on the new Freedom Lumbar Disc. I have a torn disc at ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 06:15 PM

Default First Post - Possible Candidate for Freedom Lumbar Disc vs ProDiscL Study

I found this forum by searching for information on the new Freedom Lumbar Disc. I have a torn disc at L5-S1 and have been dealing with back pain for almost 7 years now. I have tried everything short of surgery to fix my back pain and nothing has worked for very long. I was wondering if you could give me an update as to how your surgery went and which artificial disc you actually received in the study.

This is my first post here. Any follow-up you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:36 AM

I was wondering if you have found out any information on the disc replacement surgery? If so could you share the information. My doctor wants to do a disc replacement in L5 S1 and I would like to find out the success rate since this is fairly a new procedure. Thanks Rick
Old 05-09-2010, 10:24 PM

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forum. You asked the million dollar question. Please start a new thread telling us a little about yourself so we know what you're going through.

We're not doctors but speak from the 'been there, done that' point of view.

Look forward to hearing more about your story, Dale
Old 05-23-2010, 06:07 PM

Default New member awaiting ADR surgery on J. une 4th

I'm interested in the surgery and post surgical experience. This is my 3rd surgery on the same disc L5-S1. 1st surgery 6/05 just to remove the bulging portion, I was back to normal quickly, 2nd I went from 4mm to 1cm by 9mm in a week. The surgeon removed some bone spurs and "carved" some room for the sciatic nerve, he noted moderate spinal stenosis 5/09. I've been in pain since then and the last few months, the pain is at an all time high. Surgeon is going use a ceramic prosthetic disc replacement that fuses the bone. Due to the L5-S1 not using as much movement. I'm not sure if this is the best idea, yet I have no disc space left. So....cutting through the abdominal section to get to the spine sounds like it could be a long recovery. Any input is appreciated.