Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss SCS - Horrible Pain Everything went wrong! in the Main forums forums; Hi Maria, We have hijacked this thread and should continue after on my aug 8th surgery one. I am going ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 04:01 PM

Hi Maria,
We have hijacked this thread and should continue after on my aug 8th surgery one. I am going to post tomorrow after i see the doc. I did have fusion from L2-L4 for sure. The pain in the legs (left more than right) is still bad enough that i can't drive. but my husband was supposed to return from a business trip on Friday, he extended it to Saturday to visit his cousin. He didnt come home last night and is now coming home today. NIce because i have school and don't have a ride so i have to drive which i am not at all comfortable with ,. I didn;tell the boys they would be so mad at him again. Tim only has his permit and RAndy is a whole story for a phone conversation and Jamie had to work at 7am. so i am stuck
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 08-31-2011, 03:04 AM
Banned

That surgeon would not even make good butcher. He's lucky he didn't butcher me because I would have butchered him so that he can't butcher anyone else.

Sue him and everyone involved and if you want some do it yourself justice do it. You'll save other victims.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:14 PM

Default more updates - thoracic and horrible pain

it has been a long time since I last updated this forum with what is going on with my pain and struggles with my lumbar and Thoracic. I have been slowly getting worse and the pain is relentless without any relief. I am still struggling with the horrible banding pain around my chest at the T7 level, my legs have become increasingly weak and most recently I am experiencing bouts of uncontrollable bladder.....just to name a few. things got so bad that I had to go to the ER where they did an MRI and finally the doctors can see that all of this pain is not just in my head. here is a transcript of the mri results of my thoracic and I have also attached s4ome images for you experts to see and advise me of your opinions. MRI THORACIC FINDINGS: At T7-T8 there has been prior laminectomy. There is a T1 isointense and T2 low signal structure in the laminectomy bed measuring 6.1 centimeters in length, 1.7 centimeters transversely and 1.1 centimeters in AP dimension. it is difficult to tell if this represents an old hematoma but the signal characteristics are very unusual for hematoma. A synthetic device placed surgically is felt to be more likely. in any event, there is dura sac compression and cord flattening in this region. At T11-T12 there is disc degeneration and disc bulging. At T7-T8 there is narrowing of the spinal canal.... Take a look at these pictures as you can clearly see this large defect in my thoracic at the T7 T7 and T8 areas. Keep in mind that the SCS was removed over 3 years ago and I have no device or hardware implanted in my thoracic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160125_134752.jpg (97.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20160125_135501.jpg (92.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by kajari; 01-25-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:10 AM

Angry

I had another MRI and the results are below and attached two images from the MRI that the neuro provided me. Mark or anybody with some knowledge on this, can you tell me how serious this appears to be. I am scheduled for another MRI with contrast tomorrow to get a better view of the severity and damage this is causing. To say the least the pain around my upper abdomen is extreme and the weakness i am experiencing in my lower extremities is getting worse. The MRI report states "T7-T8: There is chronic anterior wedging of T8, estimated at 25%, with significant retropulsion. Loss of disc height and hydration. Disc herniation indents the anterior thecal sac with moderate central stenosis. There appears to be a large intradural extramedullary mass within the central spinal canal at this level. prior laminectomy is noted at this level. There is significant compression of the spinal cord at this level."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160810_195848.jpg (89.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20160810_195812.jpg (97.2 KB, 3 views)