Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss 2nd Major back Surgey Log Blog and Expeirence in the Main forums forums; Well today is a good day!! I am about two days shy of three weeks post op. My leg has ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 01:47 AM

Default Ahhhh a good day.

Well today is a good day!! I am about two days shy of three weeks post op. My leg has finally let up. It is not hurting like hell today. It still is irritated but is a lot better. It felt really weird last night. I had cabin fever so I got out to the local starbucks to sit and have tea with my girlfriend. I drove too! It really wore me out to, was out about three hours and it felt like I put in about eighteen hours at work. I woke up this morning and my leg felt like it was going to hurt but it kinda subsided after being up for a minute. I am getting out on walks a lot more too I am still in a good amount of pain and still taking a lot of meds. The pain just seems to be a little dull and not so sharp to the mind. I am noticing that sitting or lying in any position is uncomfortable after a while. I am starting to feel just sore rather than really hurting. I tend to push a lot so I will probably be right around hurting and worn out for a while now. The less I hurt the more I do. I am just stoked that the leg pain has let up a bit. Oh man I really hope that it keeps getting batter and goes away completely. I could deal with my current state though so I cannot complain.

I wish all a no pain day.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:00 PM

Thumbs up

And I'm sure that day will come. Nerve healing takes much more time than we're willing to give it. Patience is not in our healing song but we have no choice. Keep up the walking, doing and each day will be just a bit better, except of course, for those days when we feel great and overdo!